« Home | Earthquake » | From Ruins to Wonders » | Happy New Year! » | Only in Canada » | Mama's Boys » | Merry Christmas from Athens » | Achtung Baby! » | How Can Kids Learn if They're Not In School? » | It's Best to Let People Think You're a Fool » | Καλά Χριστούγεννα...Έπιτελους! » 

Monday, January 09, 2006 

A Meme by Me

Diva just tagged me for a MEME. Although I've been blogging for over a year now, I didn't know what the word 'meme' meant. So I looked it up and found this definition...

“ meme n (mëm): A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. From the Greek mimëma, something imitated, from mimeisthai, to imitate. ”

In Blogspeak, a meme is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs.


Because I loved the Proust Questionnaires on the back page of Vanity Fair magazine, I will now do my part and contribute to this meme.

FOUR THINGS MEME

FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD
Waitress. That lasted all of 3 weeks. What can I say? Most people don't deserve to be waited on.
Social Page Editor. I was the Birth/Deaths/Events lady at the newspaper. Interviewing Miss Azalea and the Dental Hygienist of the Year got me fired (apparently complaints were made about my apathy regarding their accomplishments) and I ended up in the Art Department.
Graphic Artist. Most of my co-workers believed I would meet my untimely death by an X-acto knife but technology intervened, and my blood levels were restored with the conversion to desktop publishing.
Production Manager. Finally, a job that I liked and excelled at. Working on tight deadlines and to strict budgets suited my autocratic personality.

FOUR TV SHOWS I WATCH
The Sopranos
CSI
The History Channel
The Discovery Channel

FOUR FILMS I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER
Fight Club
Gladiator
Sound of Music
The English Patient

FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Athens, Greece

FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON HOLIDAY
USA
Spain
Scotland
Greece

FOUR BLOGS I VISIT EVERYDAY
Mel's Diner
Devious Diva
EllasDevil
Phylax

FOUR FAVORITE FOODS
Vegetarian Lasagna
Yemista
Tabouleh
Pizza

FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE
Inside the Oval Office
Inside MI-6 Headquarters
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
Any traditional house on a Greek island


FOUR ALBUMS I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
I like so many different types of music and musicians that there is no humanly way I can narrow them down to just 4.

FOUR VEHICLES I HAVE OWNED
Kawasaki motorbike
Chevrolet Nova
Mazda 626
Toyota Yaris

FOUR PEOPLE WHO NOW MAY CONSIDER THEMSELVES TAGGED
If I don't tag anyone does this mean evil things will happen to me?

I think basically, what your working history says about you is that dealing with the public is really a 'no-no'. Don't get me wrong, I've seen the public and totally am singing from the same songsheet.

As for not tagging anyone else, well yeah it does mean your going straight to hell but don't worry, I'm sure before long, you'll be their new production manager! :-)

LOL Ellas! Yes, I cannot tell a lie...I am not exactly the best person for a job in public relations.

As for being a production manager in hell...DREAM JOB! LOL

zardoz says:

"Welcome home lil one"

take careof the soup bowls on the open fire with the souls from the balkans and asia minor
tell them whipping will be increased to honor your arrival
as public relations of kolasi.
-----------------


JOKING aside i am an anonymous
visitor going by the name of zardoz
came thru scruffy american and flubberwinkle. ill be back
..........nice writing.thanks

----------zardoz

Hi there Zardoz and welcome.

You obviously don't know me that well...ME cooking for other people?? LOL Besides, since all my friends will be in hell with me, I can't very well whip them now, can I? I'll just increase the heat a few degrees and that ought to do the trick. LOL

I might just do this one.

Can I sit at your table in hell? :-)

I have a place in hell too. At least I know I'll have company!!

Post a Comment